Zurn automatic faucets are designed to provide convenience, hygiene, and water efficiency in various settings, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and laboratories. These faucets use a sensor to detect the presence of your hand or an object and turn on the water flow without requiring you to touch any handle or knob. However, sometimes you may encounter a problem where your Zurn automatic faucet won’t turn off, even when there is nothing in front of the sensor. This can be annoying and wasteful but don’t worry. There are some simple steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
Easy Steps to Do When Zurn Automatic Faucet Won’t Turn Off
Check the Basics
Before assuming that the problem is with the sensor or the solenoid valve, which are the main components of an automatic faucet, check the basics that apply to any faucet. For example:
- Make sure that the water supply valves under the sink are fully open and not leaking.
- Make sure that the aerator at the end of the spout is not clogged with dirt or debris. You can unscrew it and rinse it with water or vinegar if needed.
- Make sure that the faucet is not leaking from any other part, such as the hose, the cartridge, or the gasket. You may need to tighten or replace some parts if they are loose or damaged.
Check the Solenoid Valve
The solenoid valve is a device that controls the water flow by opening and closing in response to an electric signal from the sensor. If the solenoid valve is dirty, stuck or faulty, it may cause the faucet to not turn off properly. To check the solenoid valve, follow these steps:
- Turn off the water supply valves under the sink and disconnect the power source of the faucet (either batteries or AC adapter).
- Locate the solenoid valve under the sink. It is usually a black box with wires and hoses attached to it.
- Remove the cover of the solenoid valve and inspect it for any signs of dirt, corrosion or damage. You can use a soft brush or a cloth to gently clean it if needed.
- Check if the plunger inside the solenoid valve moves freely when you push it with your finger. If it is stuck or hard to move, you may need to lubricate it with some silicone grease or replace it with a new one.
- Reassemble the solenoid valve and reconnect the power source and water supply. Test if the faucet works normally.
Check the Sensor
The sensor is a device that detects motion or infrared light and sends a signal to the solenoid valve to turn on or off the water flow. If the sensor is dirty, blocked, or faulty, it may cause the faucet to not turn off properly. To check the sensor, follow these steps:
- Locate the sensor on the faucet spout or base. It is usually a small round or rectangular window.
- Clean the sensor with a soft cloth or a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. Avoid using any abrasive materials that could scratch the sensor surface.
- Check if anything is blocking the sensor’s view, such as dirt, soap residue, or objects on the sink. Remove any obstructions and make sure there is enough space between the sensor and the sink edge.
- Adjust the sensor’s sensitivity if possible. Some Zurn faucets have a dial or a button that allows you to change how responsive the sensor is to motion or light. Refer to your faucet’s manual for instructions on how to do this.
- Replace the sensor if it is damaged or malfunctioning. You may need to contact Zurn customer service or a professional plumber for assistance.
How do you reset a Zurn sensor faucet?
Why is my Zurn faucet flashing red?
If you notice a flashing red light in the sensor eye of your faucet, it usually indicates a low battery. To confirm if the solenoid valve is functioning properly, try moving your hand in front of the faucet and listen for a clicking sound. This action helps determine if the valve is engaging and allowing water to flow. By checking these indicators, you can troubleshoot and diagnose any potential issues with your faucet’s battery or solenoid valve.
Zurn automatic faucets are a great way to enhance your sink with convenience, hygiene, and water efficiency. However, if you encounter a problem where your Zurn Automatic faucet won’t turn off, don’t panic. There are some simple steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the problem. First, check the basics that apply to any faucet, such as the water supply, the aerator, and the leaks. Then, check the solenoid valve and the sensor for any dirt, damage, or malfunction. If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Zurn customer service or a professional plumber for further assistance. With proper care and maintenance, your Zurn automatic faucet should last for many years and provide you with a satisfying experience.