The best way to get the most out of this excellent kitchen feature is combining it with a hands-free faucet. Motion sensor faucets are growing increasingly popular in modern kitchens around the world- both residential and commercial. Most of the best new designs have touchless kitchen faucet with pull down sprayer included- because the two go together perfectly.
In this modern kitchen guide to touchless pull down kitchen faucet, we discuss the reasons people should consider adding these handy fixtures to their kitchen setup and share a few of the core benefits. We have also put together a quick buying guide to highlight the key features to look for in a touchless faucet with pull-down sprayer to make it easier to find the right one for your space.
On top of all that, we have provided 6 top-tier options from reputable, well-known brands. Each one is an excellent choice- it all comes down to what one you like best!
Is a Pull-Down Faucet Worth It?
Those considering switching to a pull-down kitchen faucet may be wondering whether or not it is worth it, and if it is, why?
First of all, it is absolutely worth it for anyone who wants to experience a whole new level of kitchen convenience that saves time, effort, and water wastage. Once you try a pull-down sprayer, you will forget how you ever lived without one.
What Are the Benefits of a Pull-Down Sprayer for the Kitchen Sink?
- You can control where the water goes for faster, more effective dish cleaning.
- Quickly and easily wash large pots and tricky dishes with minimal effort.
- Get right into the corners of your sink with a flexible hose- rather than struggling to get enough water over.
- Increase convenience in your kitchen.
- The style works perfectly in a trendy modern kitchen.
Combined with the benefits of a touchless kitchen faucet (reduced bacteria, faster cleaning, and more accurate water control), the pull-down sprayer style is unbeatable!
Pull-Down VS Pull-Out: What Style of Kitchen Faucet is Best?
If you didn’t realize these two things were different, you are not alone! Pull-down and pull-out sprayer faucets are similar, but with a few key differences. To decide which one is best, let us first look at what they have in common and where they differ.
- Both work by manually pulling the head of the sprayer out from its docking place.
- They both have an extendable
- Usually, they all have some sort of automatic retraction, such as a magnet, but both styles may require manual retraction (see the buying guide for more details).
- The functions and settings are also often the same- including adjustable water flow and temperature.
- Pull-down faucets are taller, and the hose faces down the way, whereas pull-out designs are smaller with a forward-facing handle.
- Pull-out sprayers have a chunkier handle to hold.
- Small or double sinks work well with pull-out faucets.
- Larger sinks work well with pull-down faucets.
What One is Better?
It really depends on preference and the size and shape of your kitchen sink. Most modern kitchens favor large sinks- which would make pull-down sprayers the better option, but if there is no space, then it isn’t worth it.
Pull-out sprayers are not common in the US, and most buyers favor the pull-down style for the modern aesthetic and additional versatility. We prefer pull-down because it looks more professional and works better for more tasks.
Buying Guide: What Should I Look for in a Touchless Pull Down Kitchen Faucet?
Other than the price tags, there are a few things that set different touchless faucets with pull down sprayers aside from one another. Here are the features to consider when shopping for your ideal faucet.
Please note- we have focused specifically on the features associated with the pull-down sprayer and its functions- rather than the touchless faucet itself. The touchless element is important, and you should think about the motion sensor and overall design, but for now, let’s talk about the sprayer.
Most of the best kitchen faucets these days offer multiple water flow settings through the pull-down hose. The three options that appear most often are stream, spray, and pause. Stream is the most powerful option- with spray settings for a softer clean. Pause settings are usually built-in to make it easier to control the flow.
Ideally, you want one that has all of these- but at least the spray/stream options should be considered essentials.
Hose Length and Reach
How far does the pull-down sprayer reach? If you have a large, deep farmhouse sink, you need a hose that reaches all for corners- or near enough. Commercial kitchens that have a large washdown area can also benefit from a long hose, as it makes it easier and faster to wash around the sink area.
A small sink doesn’t necessarily need a long pull-down sprayer, but you still want to have enough give to comfortably get around the entire area with some room to spare.
Durability of the Materials
Like any household fitting, fixture, or appliance- you want something that is going to last. Some materials are more durable than others- especially where water is concerned. You ideals want a faucet made of a tough, resistant material that is easy to clean- and the sprayer should be reinforced with something to protect it from damage.
The finish matters from an aesthetic point of view- but it also makes a difference to the appearance over time. Some metals are more likely to develop rust spots- and other finishes could chip and lose their shine over time.
There isn’t much point in having this great, flexible, convenient pull-down hose if the water pressure can’t even rinse grime off a pan. Water pressure is important for efficient cleaning, and some pull-down sprayers have more than others.
You can find some models with adjustable water pressure for optimal use- but not every design has this option. Check the user reviews for an idea of what to expect from the water flow when the sprayer is pulled down.
Control and Customization Options
No matter what settings the faucet and sprayer offer- the more customization, the better. The whole idea of this type of kitchen faucet is to give people more control over their activities at the sink- and being able to adjust the setting to met your needs it a major benefit.
Look into what can be adjusted and what can’t- and use that as part of the basis for your decision.
6 Best Touchless Pull Down Kitchen Faucet for 2023
1. GIMILI Touchless Kitchen Faucet with Motion Sensor and Pull-Down Sprayer
GIMILI is constantly highlighted as one of the best of the best of kitchenware brands- especially when it comes to faucets. The touchless motion sensor kitchen faucet with pull down sprayer is the perfect example of the brand’s top quality and attractive designs.
- Ultra-fast motion sensors pick up movement and activate water flow in just half a second.
- The pull-down sprayer has two settings: spray and stream.
- It has a brass body (lead-free) for ultimate long-lasting durability.
- High-arc design with industrial coil hoses like this one are bang on trend for 2023.
- GIMILI backs this product with a lifetime warranty.
- This is excellent value for money.
- The gold and black finishes don’t last quite as long as the brushed nickel- with some chips and scrapes likely after a while of use.
- It may be a bit big for some kitchens.
- There is no pause button on the pull-down sprayer.
This is a bargain at just $169.99! Choose from five different finishes: matte black, matte gold, black and gold, brushed nickel, and black and brushed nickel.
2. Kraus KSF-1610SFS Bolden Touchless Kitchen Faucet with Pull-Down Sprayer
Kraus is known for its premium quality at reasonable prices. The KSF-1610SFS Bolden fits that bill perfectly as one of our top choices of kitchen faucets with pull-down sprayers. It has the same industrial high-arc design as the GIMILI model but is slightly smaller- making it perfect for kitchens that want the design drama but don’t have the same space.
- It is the perfect size for modern residential kitchens.
- The pull-down sprayer has excellent reach.
- Easy-clean nozzles make caring for the faucet and sprayer a walk in the park.
- Control the water flow easily with a power stream and aerated spray dual purpose sprayer.
- Despite being extremely similar to the GIMILI model, it is almost $100 more expensive.
- It only works with battery operation- not plug-in electrical power.
- There is also no pause button on this pull-down sprayer.
The price for this model in spot-free stainless steel is $249.95. It is also available in matte black and brushed brass for $349.95.
3. Moen Sleek Motion Sense Wave Sensor Faucet with Power Clean Pull-Down Sprayer
Moen is a high-quality brand with a classic style that plays on modern trends with a touch of sophistication. The Sleek MotionSense touchless faucet is chic, simple, and attractive- and it ticks all the essential feature boxes.
- The power stream setting is 50% more powerful than the average pull-down sprayer.
- It uses a smart retraction system for smooth, controlled storing of the hose.
- Motion sensitivity is excellent on this model.
- You pay almost double for the same model in a matte black finish.
- Some users report the faucet dripping once the water flow is shut off.
It costs $288.54 for the stainless steel version a fair price for a quality product.
4. Kraus Oletto Commercial Touchless Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet
Another great product from Kraus- the Oletto Touchless Faucet is designed for commercial use- and is the big brother of the previous model mentioned. It has the same design and features with a few extras and in a larger size.
- It is extremely easy to install.
- The range of motion and reach of the water flow is second to none!
- Everything about this faucet looks sleek, professional, and modern.
- It is too big for most residential kitchens.
- The model is pretty heavy and requires a solid mount.
Buy it for between $269.95 and $349.95 – depending on your chosen finish.
5. ARRISEA Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
If you are looking for a low cost option that still ticks the boxes, ARRISEA makes an excellent alternative. It is a simple stainless steel design with motion sensitivity and an industrial-look sprayer.
- This is a budget friendly option.
- The infrared sensor has great sensitivity.
- An LED light display warns when the battery is low and monitors pressure and temperature.
- ARRISEA has a great customer service department.
- The design is a little chunkier than most.
- Doesn’t last as long as the previously mentioned models
The sale price is $101.99.
6. GUUKAR Touchless Faucet with Three-Function Pull-Down Sprayer
If you are looking for a simple design with understated aesthetics and reliable functions, the GUUKAR model could be right for you. It isn’t as flashy as some other models, but it works well and gets the job done.
- The pull-down spray head has three functions.
- It rotates 360 degrees for optimal cleaning convenience.
- Sleek, simple design elements make this faucet blend seamlessly with any kitchen.
- It is a lesser-known brand with fewer Amazon reviews.
- There are not many finish options.
- Some users say the appearance dulls quicker than expected.
Buy this faucet for $119.99 – a great price for all these features.
Touchless faucets of all varieties are great- but the pull-down sprayer is the main attraction for us in this modern kitchen guide. It makes a huge difference to the speed and convenience with which people can clean their sink, dishes, and surrounding area- and the styles produced these days by the top brands look stunning in any space.
These 6 touchless kitchen faucets with pull-down sprayers are stylish, modern, well-built, and reliable- each one with a set of features and benefits to suit every savvy kitchen lover.