Kitchen faucets with touchless functionality are all the rage- and are perfect for a convenient, hygienic, modern kitchen. Brushed nickel touchless kitchen faucet is one of the possible finishes to choose from for people looking to inject some updated style into their homes.
Below, we discuss the benefits of choosing brushed nickel kitchen faucets over similar finishes- and list four of the best designs available for purchase now.
Why Choose Brushed Nickel for Touchless Kitchen Faucets?
Brushed nickel is often mistaken for chrome- but it is actually a much better choice of metal for a kitchen faucet. It has a similar appearance to chrome and some stainless steel finishes but with a slightly duller, more modern style. In fact, many brushed nickel finishes are made using spot-resist stainless steel, but the brushing gives them a more appealing appearance.
Here are some of the other benefits of a brushed nickel kitchen faucet.
- Brushed nickel is more durable than chrome- with a stronger coating that is less vulnerable to chips and cracks.
- It works better with other metals- which is perfect for modern kitchens working with the increasingly popular mixed-metal trend.
- You don’t get water spots with brushed nickel because it usually has a spot-resist stainless steel base.
- A brushed nickel finish is more forgiving for grime build-up. It hides it well and is very easy to wipe clean.
Best Overall Touchless Faucet: GIMILI Brushed Nickel Motion Sensor Touchless Kitchen Faucet with Single Handle and Exposed Coil Pull-Down Sprayer
Our top pick overall for the best brushed nickel touchless kitchen faucet is this model by GIMILI. It is excellent value for money at just under $170 and comes packed full of features that make everyday kitchen tasks much easier and more enjoyable.
GIMILI is known for making high-quality touchless kitchen faucets at reasonable prices- and this brushed nickel model is one of our favorites. It has the much-loved industrial exposed coil design that people love in modern kitchens- and backs it up with many helpful functions.
- You can control the kitchen faucet spout settings with a handy button placed on the side of the sprayer head.
- All the hardware required to mount the kitchen faucet is included- for either a one-hole or three-hole sink setup.
- The ultra-flexible, pull-down spray hose has two water flow settings.
- A well-placed motion sensor makes the touchless functionality really easy to control.
- The kitchen faucet is well-built and durable.
- This kitchen faucet is backed by GIMILI’s lifetime warranty.
- It is quite a tall kitchen faucet- so it may seem a little overpowering in a smaller kitchen.
- Some users say the pull-down spray docket is not as secure as some other kitchen faucets.
- The pull-down spout is not as long as you would expect with a kitchen faucet as tall as this one. Extensions are available as an extra.
Best Under $100: Ifaucet Touchless Kitchen Faucet with Pull-Down Sensor Sprayer Head in Brushed Nickel
If you are looking for a helpful kitchen faucet with plenty of great features on a budget, this great design by Ifaucet is tough to beat. At just under $90, this little beauty ticks all the boxes for a best-buy touchless faucet.
Homeowners who love minimalism in their kitchen will love this timeless kitchen faucet design. It is simple but looks good and holds up well against wear and tear.
- It is made with eco-friendly, lead-free materials meant for regular kitchen use.
- There is a motion sensor in the spray head- which is great for easy access and fast activation.
- The brushed nickel finish is made with layers of stainless steel to fight against tarnishing and corrosion. It keeps its appearance and the finish doesn’t fade over time.
- Smaller kitchens can use this compact kitchen faucet. It has the same c-spout shape but a lower height to fit in perfectly in limited spaces.
- Ifaucet has a great customer service department for any queries.
- It doesn’t have as powerful a water pressure as other kitchen faucets.
- Sometimes the spray head continues to drip once the water is turned off.
- You may find it doesn’t last as long as the more expensive kitchen faucet models.
- The Ifaucet brand is not as well-known as the others on this list.
Best with a Soap Dispenser: DAYONE Smart Motion Sensor Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Three-Function Sprayer and Soap Dispenser
Who doesn’t love matching accessories? The DAYONE touchless kitchen faucet comes complete with a soap dispenser on the side- perfect for sleek kitchen styles that want to avoid too much clutter around the sink.
This affordable kitchen faucet has a functional design that can complement a modern style.
- You get the matching soap dispenser included- which is also easy to install.
- Simple deck-mount installation is super easy, and everything you need is include in the price.
- Choose from three water settings: spray (for easy wide cleaning), stream (for filling kitchen pots for cooking, and broom (for quickly and efficiently washing dishes).
- It comes equipped with an extra-lose pull-down hose for fast and easy cleaning.
- The brushed spot-resist stainless steel finish fights against fingerprints and other marks.
- The pull-down kitchen sprayer head is quite chunky compared to some other designs- which may be a downside for someone looking for a sleek aesthetic.
- Some users don’t like the placement of the motion sensor. It is at the base behind the water stream, so you might get splashed when turning it on or off.
- You need enough space between the kitchen faucet and backsplash to allow space for the handles.
Best Premium Model: Delta Faucet Trinsic Touch Arctic Stainless Brushed Nickel Kitchen Faucet with VoiceQ Touchless Technology
Delta Faucet is up there with brands such as Moen and Kohler as the leaders in modern touchless kitchen faucets. The Trinsic Touch VoiceQ kitchen faucet is one of the best brushed nickel designs on sale today.
It is versatile, stylish, and reliable- with advanced touchless technology that can be controlled with your voice. The impressive list of features doesn’t stop there but comes with a price. This is the most expensive kitchen faucet in the mix today- at a little over $670. It is a hefty price tag, but it is worth it, and you get what you pay for with Delta Faucet.
- Pre-set your chosen configurations for water temperature, pressure, stream setting, and levels through an app controlled on your smartphone.
- The modern sleek shape has clean lines and a professional look that makes any kitchen feel chic.
- Control the kitchen faucet with voice activation set up through Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa using your WIFI server.
- You can also turn water on and off with touch control and a manual handle- so you have plenty of options to choose from.
- The MagnaTite docking system used in this c-spout touchless kitchen faucet is one of the best there is. It keeps the pull-down sprayer secure and doesn’t droop over time.
- Easy cleaning features make it more convenient to keep your kitchen faucet free of grime, lime, and calcium build-up.
- It lasts twice as long, thanks to patented leak-free DIAMOND seal technology.
- The three-hole plate deck is sold separately, so you have an additional cost if you don’t have a one-hole sink fitting.
- It is expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do touchless faucets need to be plugged in?
It depends on the model. Some touchless kitchen faucets work through electrical power- meaning they need to be plugged into a main power source. Others have batteries and don’t need to be plugged in at all. You also get some with dual functionality- meaning they can use electricity or batteries.
For more info you can read my article “Do Touchless Faucets Need Electricity”
- Is brushed nickel easy to keep clean?
While it isn’t the easiest finish to keep clean, brushed nickel is fairly low-maintenance. It does require a little bit of regular upkeep- but nothing too taxing.
The best way to clean a brushed nickel kitchen faucet is with a damp cloth and warm, soapy water. Use a mild soap or detergent to avoid leftover marks and suds. It is also pretty resistant to rust and corrosion, as long as you keep it dry.
Again, it depends on what kitchen faucet you buy. Most modern style touchless faucet designs include features that turn water off automatically after a set time- usually around three minutes. Check the specifications on each kitchen faucet when you shop online.
- How do you control the temperature on a touchless faucet?
There are a few ways to control the temperature on a touchless kitchen faucet. Most come with one or two handles for manual control, which usually connect to the temperature settings.
In some premium models, you can adjust the temperature settings through an app on your phone- or with voice activation through Alexa or Google Assistant. Some of the best models let you pre-set the water temperature before use for safety.
Brushed nickel is an excellent choice of finish for a kitchen faucet for its simple look and long-lasting durability. It is generally one of the cheaper finishes compared to oil-rubbed bronze, matte black, or brushed gold. That said, it is more expensive than chrome- but the benefits are worth it.
You can shop these four top-tier brushed nickel touchless kitchen faucets as inspiration for the perfect fitting for your home. The high ratings from thousands of satisfied buyers speak for themselves!