If you are looking for a smart and convenient way to upgrade your kitchen, you might want to read these touchless kitchen faucet reviews. You can consider Oinsky Smart Kitchen Faucet with a pull-down sprayer. This faucet is designed to make your dishwashing experience easier and more hygienic, as it allows you to activate the water flow with a simple wave of your hand in front of the sensor. No more touching the faucet handle with dirty or wet hands, or worrying about cross-contamination.
In this article, I will review the features, pros, and cons of this touchless kitchen faucet, and help you decide if it is worth buying.
The Touchless Kitchen Faucet, Oinsky Smart Kitchen Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer has the following features:
- Touchless sensor: The faucet has a built-in motion sensor that detects your hand movement and turns on or off the water flow accordingly. You can also adjust the water temperature and volume with the single-handle lever. The sensor has a 120-second automatic shut-off function to save water and prevent accidental activation.
- Rustless finish and spotless: The faucet is made of stainless steel with a brushed or matte black finish, which can resist fingerprints and water spots, and maintain a clean and elegant look. The finish is also corrosion-resistant and easy to clean.
- Two spray modes and flexible retraction: The faucet has a pull-down sprayer that offers two spray modes: stream and spray. You can switch between the modes by pressing a button on the sprayer head. The sprayer also has a flexible hose that can reach every corner of the sink, and a gravity ball that ensures smooth retraction.
- Easy installation: The faucet comes with all the necessary parts and tools for installation, and can fit most single-hole sinks. You can follow the installation video or manual to install the faucet by yourself in about 30 minutes.
The Touchless Kitchen Faucet, Oinsky Smart Kitchen Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer has many advantages, such as:
- Convenience: The touchless sensor makes it easy to turn on or off the water without touching the faucet, which is especially useful when your hands are dirty or full. You can also control the water temperature and volume with one hand using the lever.
- Hygiene: The touchless sensor reduces the risk of spreading germs or bacteria from your hands to the faucet handle, which can improve the hygiene of your kitchen. You can also keep the faucet clean and shiny with less effort, thanks to the rustles and spotless finish.
- Versatility: The two spray modes and flexible retraction allow you to use the faucet for different purposes, such as washing dishes, rinsing fruits and vegetables, filling pots and pans, etc. You can also adjust the angle and height of the sprayer to suit your needs.
- Warranty: The faucet comes with a 3-year limited warranty and 90-day no reason refund policy from the seller, Oinsky. You can also get free Amazon tech support for up to 90 days in case you encounter any issues with the product.
- Price: The faucet costs around $90-$93 on Amazon.
The Touchless Kitchen Faucet, Oinsky Smart Kitchen Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer also has some drawbacks, such as:
- Battery: The faucet requires 4 AA batteries (not included) to power the sensor, which may need to be replaced periodically depending on how often you use the faucet. Some customers may prefer a rechargeable battery or an AC adapter option instead.
- Sensitivity: Some customers have reported that the sensor is too sensitive or not sensitive enough, which may cause unwanted activation or deactivation of the water flow. You may need to adjust the distance and angle of your hand movement to find the optimal range for the sensor.
Is a touchless faucet good?
Touchless faucets have become increasingly popular and are generally considered to be a good option for many households. Here are some benefits of touchless faucets:
- Hygiene: Touchless faucets eliminate the need for physical contact, reducing the spread of germs and bacteria. This is particularly beneficial in high-traffic areas like the kitchen or public restrooms.
- Convenience: With touchless operation, you can easily turn the faucet on and off using motion sensors or proximity sensors, making tasks like washing hands or filling up containers more convenient and efficient.
- Water Conservation: Touchless faucets often come with features like automatic shut-off, which helps conserve water by minimizing wastage. The faucet will only run water when it detects the presence of hands or objects within its range.
- Improved Cleanliness: Touchless faucets can help maintain a cleaner sink area as you don’t need to touch the faucet handles with dirty or greasy hands, reducing the chances of residue or stains accumulating.
- Modern Aesthetic: Touchless faucets add a sleek and modern look to your kitchen or bathroom, enhancing the overall aesthetic appeal.
What are the disadvantages of touchless faucets?
From my touchless kitchen faucet reviews, touchless faucets do have a few drawbacks worth considering. Firstly, they tend to be pricier compared to traditional faucets, which can impact the overall budget for kitchen upgrades. Additionally, the sensors and mechanisms involved in touchless operation may require occasional maintenance or repairs, potentially leading to additional costs. It’s also worth noting that touchless kitchen faucets may have fewer features available in comparison to their manual counterparts. While manual mode typically offers a range of options, touchless faucets may have more limited functionality. It’s important to weigh these factors against the convenience and hygiene benefits before deciding if a touchless faucet is the right choice for your kitchen.
How long does a sensor faucet battery last?
Smart faucets require lithium batteries which last 3 to 5 years. A blinking red light on Oras touchless faucets lets you know when it’s time for a battery change, which you can easily do yourself within minutes.
From my Touchless kitchen faucet reviews, Oinsky Smart Kitchen Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer is a smart and convenient option for upgrading your kitchen. It offers many features that make dishwashing easier and more hygienic, such as a touchless sensor, rustles finish, two spray modes, flexible retraction, easy installation, warranty, and tech support. However, it also has some drawbacks that may affect your satisfaction, such as battery, and sensitivity.