Today’s world is all about convenience. If you can somehow match that with an elegant and reliable product, that will be great! The Moen Touchless Kitchen Faucet is one such home accessory that is proving to be a must-have item for the modern-day kitchen.
If you have spent your whole life struggling with having to clean up your mess after touching the faucet with dirty hands, you know how annoying that can be. With the arrival of touchless faucets, however, all that is a thing of the past.
There are many touchless faucet brands available on the market, but not all of them are reliable enough to be worth the high cost. Many times, people end up wasting their money on a product that doesn’t last and fails to live up to its promises.
This is why you need to consider buying a dependable and highly-rated product, such as Moen touchless kitchen faucet. Read on to find out why you need to consider this as one of your top picks for 2023.
You Need a Touchless Faucet! Here Is Why
Considering the significant price difference between a touchless faucet and a regular kitchen spout, it’s no wonder many people regard this as more of a luxury than a necessity.
However, that may not be entirely true. While a touchless faucet does indeed cost more than normal faucets, when looking at the added features and benefits you will get, it is obvious that this is a worthwhile investment to consider.
Here are some reasons why you need to get a touchless faucet for your kitchen in 2023:
- The convenience of simply waving your hand in front of the faucet and being rewarded with a steady stream of water is next to none
- If the recent Covid-19 outbreak has taught us anything it’s the importance of keeping our hands clean, and using a touchless faucet is the best way to achieve that
- The automatic on-and-off feature is a great way to conserve water
- You can tick regular wiping of your faucet off your to-do list because the touchless faucet requires very little cleaning
- The touchless faucet has the benefit of allowing you to set up the temperature according to your needs and there is less chance of scalding
- Having a touchless faucet is great news for someone who is disabled or has trouble gripping things with their hands
Before Buying, Look Out for These Features
Understanding the benefits of a touchless faucet should act as your guide when selecting the best option from the many available products on the market. Look out for the following features of a reliable touchless faucet:
- Consider the finish of the touchless faucet and how it will look when installed in your kitchen
- Durability should be another top concern considering the amount of money you are spending on the product
- As for the water pressure because many people buy a touchless faucet only to find that the spray is too high for their sink design hence they will always have problems with water splashing on the ground
- Look at the additional features that the faucet may have, such as the ability to set the amount of water released with each burst
- Check how sensitive the motion sensor is so that you do not struggle with repeatedly waving your hands in front of the faucet before it switches on
- Verify the power supply, because some faucets can be plugged into the electricity supply while others rely on batteries
- Go for a touchless faucet that is easy to install
Top 4 Moen Touchless Kitchen Faucet
The following are all great options if you are looking for a reliable Moen touchless faucet:
1. Moen Sleek Spot Resist Stainless Motion sense Wave Sensor Touchless 7864EWSRS
Quality and functionality are blended perfectly in this deck-mounted touchless faucet. If what you want is the peace of mind that comes from knowing that you have purchased one of the top-rated faucets in the industry, get your hands on the elegant Moen Sleek Spot Resist Motionsense 7864EWRS.
- The stainless steel finish is spot-resistant meaning even after years of use it will still look great
- It has a powerful spray to help you tackle tough stains
- The flexible design allows you to install this faucet on either a single-hole or three-hole mount
- One customer reported that the temperature control stopped working after a few months leaving them only getting hot water from the faucet
2. Moen Arbor Chrome Motion sense Wave Touchless One-handle Pulldown 7594EWC
Abor Chrome is one of those finishes that will look great in any modern kitchen setting. The Moen Abor Chrome Motionsense Wave 7594EWC has a single sensor that allows easy control of the faucet with just a single wave of the hand.
- The versatile and reflective chrome finish gives this faucet a unique and beautiful look
- It has an easily retractable spout
- The touchless faucet is easy to install, use, and maintain
- Some issues with the hardware have been reported and customers are finding it difficult to contact Moen customer support to help with this
3. Moen Brantford Oil Rubbed Bronze Motion sense Touchless One-handle Pulldown 7185EWORB
The Moen Brantford Oil Rubbed Bronze Motionsense Touchless 7185EWORB is one of the most unique touchless faucets you will find in the market. The design will catch your eye due to the lovely dark brown appearance that the designers decided to call oil-rubbed bronze.
- This touchless faucet is one of those rare gems that are built to last due to the extreme levels of durability
- In the unlikely event that the faucet breaks down, there is always the lifetime limited warrant to turn to
- The installation of this unit is very easy and shouldn’t take more than an hour or so
- This touchless faucet has a very unique look that may not go well with other kitchen designs
4. Moen Align Spot Resist Stainless Steel Motion sense Arc Spring 5923EWSRS
The first thing you will notice about the Moen Align Spot Resist Stainless Steel Motion sense Arc Spring 5923EWSRS is the very bold look it has thanks to the spring-action retractable spout. It comes is a bright and shiny stainless steel color that is not only great to look at but also resists rust very well.
- The design will turn heads while maintaining a modern look thanks to the shiny stainless steel finish
- If you have a large kitchen sink, you will appreciate the fact that this faucet comes with three times more reach than similar options
- It has a high arc design that provides plenty of space for washing pots and other larger dishes
Some people may find that the spring design is too bold and not something they would want in a kitchen sink
Will a Moen Touchless Kitchen Faucet Work Without Batteries?
Every touchless faucet requires a source of power to be able to work, including your Moen product. However, it does not necessarily have to be battery-powered. Some Moen touchless faucets will work without batteries as long as they are plugged into an AC power supply.
If you go for this option, you should make sure that your Moen touchless faucet is connected to a power outlet that is not controlled by an on or off switch as this may reduce the lifespan of your faucet or cause severe damage.
How Long Do Batteries Last in Moen Touchless Faucet?
Most household faucets are only active for around 20 minutes every day, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. This is very little time, meaning your faucet does not use up nearly as much power as you would assume.
A Moen touchless faucet comes with six AA batteries which, on average, should last you at least 12 months.
How Does a Moen Touchless Kitchen Faucet Work?
The Moen touchless faucet is activated by a simple wave of the hand, which releases a steady stream of water that may or may not be temperature regulated. To achieve this, the spout comes with the following features:
- Power Supply
As we mentioned earlier, the power source can either be AC power or battery-operated depending on the design characteristics.
- Solenoid Valve
When the sensor detects the movement of your hand, the solenoid valve is triggered to open and allow water to pass through. As long as your hands remain in place, the valve will stay open. However, as soon as you remove your hands the solenoid valve will again be triggered and this will cause it to close and cut off the water supply.
The sensor is located in front of the faucet and is responsible for detecting the movement of the hands. It controls the solenoid valve by letting it know when to start or stop the flow of water. Usually, the sensor uses ultrasonic energy or infrared light to detect hand movement.
The sensor is calibrated to recognize hand movements rather than any other random movements to avoid turning itself on or off at the wrong time.
Lastly is the spout, which is the water outlet through which the flow is released. Spouts come in many different shapes and a variety of materials, such as zinc, brass, chrome, or nickel.
If you are ready to step into the future by upgrading your kitchen to a touchless faucet, there is no better option you have other than the Moen Touchless kitchen faucet. Get one of these great options today and enjoy the convenience of having a responsive and versatile kitchen faucet to work with.